Work, Health & Safety
The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011 describes the ACBT’s duty of care to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees and participants, and the employee and participants have a duty of care to take reasonable care for the health and safety of others within the work place. This includes the provision of:
a workplace that is safe to work in, with appropriate procedures that are aligned with current standards
adequate staff training including topics such as safe work procedures,
properly maintained facilities and equipment,
a clean and suitably designed work place with the safe storage of goods such as chemicals.
The following procedures and Standards must be observed to achieve a safe working and learning environment:
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient, working environment,
- Implement procedures and practices, in a variety of situations, in accordance with State and Local Government Health regulations,
- Store and dispose of waste according to health regulations,
- Check all equipment for maintenance requirements,
- Refer equipment for repair as required,
- Store equipment safely,
- Identify fire hazards and take precautions to prevent fire,
- Safe lifting and carrying techniques maintained,
- Ensure Participant safety at all times,
- Ensure procedures for operator safety are followed at all times,
- All unsafe situations recognised and reported,
- Display first aid and safety procedures for all staff and participants to see,
- Report any identified Workplace Health and Safety hazard to the appropriate staff member as required.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assistance
Our course standard material contains written documentation and limited numerical calculations. We recognise that not all people are able to read, write and perform calculations to the same standards. We will endeavour to help you where we can to accommodate anyone with difficulties with Language, Literacy or numeracy. In the event that a participants needs exceed our skill we will refer the participant to an external support provider such as their local TAFE campus.